Jeremy's Practice Areas
Jeremy Hylton joined the firm in 2015 as an associate in the Morgantown office. His practice focuses primarily on insurance related defense matters. Mr. Hylton graduated from West Virginia University in 2011. He achieved summa cum laude honors and holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminology & Investigations.
Mr. Hylton was admitted to West Virginia University’s College of Law in 2012. After completing his first year, he was invited to participate on the Moot Court Board as a junior member. As a 2L, Mr. Hylton was a finalist in the Baker Cup Moot Court Competition, having his final argument held before the West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals. In his final year, he was a member of the Moot Court National Team that participated at the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals in Richmond, Virginia. Upon graduating from law school, Mr. Hylton was awarded membership into the prestigious Order of the Barristers, an organization whose purpose is to encourage oral advocacy and writing skills. He is a lifelong resident of West Virginia, and currently resides in Morgantown.
- West Virginia
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of West Virginia
- J.D., West Virginia University College of Law
- Honors: Order of the Barristers
- Honors: Recipient, CALI Award, Appellate Advocacy
- Honors: Recipient, CALI Award, Conflict of Laws
- Honors: Baker Cup Finalist
- Honors: West Virginia Moot Court, National Team Member
- Honors: West Virginia Moot Court, Associate Chief Justice of Appellate Advocacy
- B.A., summa cum laude, West Virginia University
- Major: Criminology & Investigations
- Minors: History; Law & Legal Studies