Michael's Practice Areas
Michael Dunham is a trial lawyer and experienced litigator practicing in the firm’s Winchester, Virginia, office. He is admitted to practice law in the State of West Virginia and Commonwealth of Virginia.
Mr. Dunham has defended cases involving personal injuries, discrimination, harassment, business interruption, product defects, construction defects, property damage, and oil and gas disputes, with a particular focus on shale gas operations.
Mr. Dunham’s practice also focuses on insurance coverage, agent errors and omissions, and professional liability. He has worked on defense cases and claims involving coverage issues, duties of an agent and insurer, and bad faith litigation.
An Order of the Barristers graduate of the West Virginia College of Law, Mr. Dunham has a passion for appellate advocacy. He continues to represent clients at the appellate level. In law school, he was selected to the appellate advocacy Moot Court National team that competed at the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals in Richmond, Virginia. He was also a finalist in the Lugar Mock Trial Tournament.
A native of Hagerstown, Maryland, Mr. Dunham currently resides in Winchester, Virginia, with his wife, Sep. In his free time, he enjoys going to baseball games and traveling with his wife.
- West Virginia, 2014
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of West Virginia, 2014
- Virginia, 2016
- U.S. Court of Appeals Fourth Circuit, 2016
- J.D., West Virginia University College of Law
- Honors: Order of the Barristers;
- Honors: Recipient CALI Award, Post-Conviction Remedies;
- Honors: Recipient CALI Award, Constitutional Law Seminar;
- Honors: West Virginia Moot Court, National Team Member
- Honors: Lugar Trial Association, Treasurer
- B.A., West Virginia University
- Major: Political Science
- “LEGAL MATTERS: COMBATING CYBERBULLYING” (Co-authored) NAESP, Communicator, March 2015, Volume 38, Issue 7
- Aldridge v. Highland Ins. Co., No. 15-0658, 2016 WL 3369562 (W. Va. 2016)
- Grace v. Sparks, No. 15-2536, 2016 WL 4717942 (4th Cir. Sept. 9, 2016)