Anthony E. Nortz
Anthony Nortz is a trial lawyer who joined Shuman, McCuskey, & Slicer in 2017 following a year litigating cases in Huntington, West Virginia. Prior to litigating employment, insurance, and contract disputes in both West Virginia Circuit and United States District Court, Anthony practiced law in northern New York.
Anthony has extensive mediation experience and has argued motions in Circuit Courts across the State of West Virginia. His current practice focuses on insurance coverage and bad faith, municipal law, small business representation, insurance defense, employment discrimination, and general litigation.
At West Virginia University School of Law, Anthony was an active mediator in the West Virginia Bar Association’s Magistrate Court Mediation Program. In addition to mediating over thirty cases, he helped select and train student mediators to compete in American Bar Association mediation and negotiation competitions.
Anthony was also a member of the United States Patent and Trademark Clinic Pilot Program where he prosecuted multiple trademarks for West Virginia businesses resulting in a CALI Excellence for the Future Award.
When not at the office Anthony enjoys spending time with his family, hunting, fishing, and reading. He currently resides in Hurricane, West Virginia with his fiancé Marissa and their two dogs.
- Supreme Court of the State of New York, Appellate Division, Fourth Department – January, 2016
- Supreme Court of the State of West Virginia – June, 2016
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of West Virginia – September, 2016
- West Virginia University College of Law, J.D.
- Honors: Recipient CALI Award, Entrepreneurship and Innovation Legal Clinic
- St. Lawrence University, B.A. History
- Honors: Augsbury North Country Scholar 2008-2012
- Honors: McNair Scholar 2010-2012
- Fraternity: Beta Theta Pi