Joseph's Practice Areas
Joseph Cramer joined the firm in 2010 as an associate in the Charleston office. Mr. Cramer’s practice focuses primarily on insurance related defense matters.
Mr. Cramer obtained his Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science from West Virginia University. After working briefly in the banking industry, Mr. Cramer attended West Virginia University College of Law.
While in law school, he served as a Research Editor for the West Virginia Law Review and as a Tax Preparer in the Volunteer Income Taxpayer Assistance Program. Mr. Cramer graduated in the top 10% of his law school class and was awarded membership in the prestigious Order of the Coif. Before coming to work at the firm, Mr. Cramer served as a summer intern with the West Virginia Public Defenders in Martinsburg, West Virginia.
Mr. Cramer is originally from Chambersburg, Pennsylvania. He now resides in Winchester, Virginia.
- West Virginia, 2010
- Virginia, 2017
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of West Virginia, 2010
- U.S. District Court, Nothern District of West Virginia, 2011
- J.D., West Virginia University College of Law
- Honors: Order of the Coif;
- Honors: Recipient CALI Award, Business Transaction Drafting;
- Honors: Recipient CALI Award, Evidence;
- Honors: Recipient CALI Award, Criminal Procedure;
- Honors: West Virginia Law Review, Research Editor
- B.A., West Virginia University
- Major: Political Science
- A Civilizing Criminal Sanctions: A Practical Analysis of Civil Asset Forfeiture Under the West Virginia Contraband Forfeiture Act@ 112 W. Va. L. Rev. 991 (Spring 2010)