Marc's Practice Areas
Marc Mignault joined the firm in 2015 as an associate in the Charleston office. Mr. Mignault’s practice focuses primarily on representing land/mineral owners in oil & gas matters, as well as insurance related defense matters.
Mr. Mignault obtained his Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science from Central Connecticut State University. While at CCSU, Mr. Mignault was a Defensive-Back for the Div. 1-AA CCSU football team. Mr. Mignault graduated with magna cum laude honors, was a Scholar Athlete, and was inducted into the Golden Key International Honor Society in 2010.
Mr. Mignault attended Washington and Lee University School of Law. During his time at W&L, Mr. Mignault finished Fourth in the ABA National Negotiation Competition held in Chicago Illinois, Second in the ABA Regional Negotiation Competition held in Williamsburg Virginia, Second in the Robert J. Grey Jr. Negotiation Competition at W&L, and was the Negotiation Administrator for the Moot Court Executive Board.
Mr. Mignault was a member of the Community Legal Practice Center at W&L where he successfully argued on behalf of clients to preserve their parental and custodial rights in family law matters, as well as negotiating on behalf of non-profit corporations in the Rockbridge County, Virginia area. Additionally, Mr. Mignault was also a member of the Southwest Virginia Innocence Project which is a group dedicated to helping incarcerated individuals sentenced to life who still claim their innocence.
• West Virginia, 2015
• U.S. District Court, Southern District of West Virginia, 2015
• District of Columbia, 2016
• U.S. District Court, Northern District of West Virginia, 2018
• J.D., Washington and Lee University School of Law
- o Honors: Washington and Lee Moot Court, National Team Member
- o Honors: Washington and Lee Moot Court Executive Board Administrator
• B.A., magna cum laude, Central Connecticut State University
- o Major: Political Science
- o Minor: Economics