Paula Jo's Practice Areas
Paula Jo Roberts
Paula Jo Roberts is a central Appalachian native from Pikeville, Kentucky. She joined the Charleston office in 2018 after graduating from the University of Richmond School of Law in Richmond, Virginia. While in law school, Ms. Roberts worked in insurance defense litigation and as a mass torts intern in high stakes civil anti-terrorism litigation and products liability. Additionally, Ms. Roberts focused her research and writing on national energy law policy and founded a blog where she wrote about such matters with two law school colleagues. Ms. Roberts received her undergraduate education at Morehead State University in Legal Studies, summa cum laude, with a minor in Music. While an undergraduate, Ms. Roberts developed a passion for serving the underserved as a fellow for Legal Aid of the Bluegrass where she facilitated the Pro Se Divorce Clinic, serving over 120 individuals yearly. Ms. Roberts further pursued public service as an intern for Kentucky’s Legislative Research Commission.
Ms. Roberts’ practice focuses on general insurance defense litigation.
- West Virginia, 2018
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of West Virginia 2018
- J.D. University of Richmond School of Law, 2018, Cum Laude
- Full Tuition Scholarship Recipient
- CALI Award Insurance Law
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Board
- Family Law Clinic
- B.A., Morehead State University, Legal Studies, 2015, Summa Cum Laude, George M. Luckey Honors Program Graduate
- Legal Studies Student of the Year
- Caudill College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Science’s Dean’s Advisory Board
- Honors Program Full Tuition Scholarship, Valedictorian Scholarship
- Music Minor