Philip's Practice Areas
Philip B. Sword
Philip B. Sword joined the firm in 2013 as an Associate in the Charleston office. Mr. Sword’s practice is focused primarily on insurance related defense matters.
Mr. Sword is a graduate of West Virginia University where he received a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Political Science and History. While at West Virginia University, Mr. Sword was active in the Debate and Forensics Society.
Mr. Sword attended the Appalachian School of Law and was admitted to practice law in West Virginia in 2006. Mr. Sword represents companies and government agencies in cases involved in catastrophic loss, wrongful death, and civil rights litigation. Mr. Sword is also a Criminal Justice Act Panel attorney and practices criminal defense in the United States District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia.
Mr. Sword offers a wide range of services for clients in need of a criminal defense attorney in both state and federal court. He represents individuals charged with various white collar crimes including fraud, embezzlement, racketeering, cybercrime, money laundering, identity theft, and forgery. Mr. Sword’s criminal law practice also focused on representing clients charged with violent crimes and controlled substance offenses.
- BA, West Virginia University, 2003
- JD, Appalachian School of Law, 2006
- West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals
- United States District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
- United States District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia
- Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Supreme Court